Thursday, July 18, 2013

Japanese Buffet, New York City style!

I love my brother Warren very much, but I must admit that, while I still visit NYC to see him, my trips to The Big Apple have increasingly become pilgrimages to some of its great food centers.

Image taken from their Facebook Page
Case in point: the Japanese Buffet in Queens, Mizumi

(Here, also, is their facebook page--click here)

This restaurant is another reason to travel outside Manhattan! It is making a major splash in the area--click here to read an excellent review!

All I can say is that, if you love all things Japanese food and also want to eat, in addition, I don't know, let's say, fifty different types of sushi, several different types of pho, seafood galore, five different types of kimchi, (I can keep going, just look at the pictures below); and you want to do so for less than $30 dollars a person, then Wow, you have to make a trip here!   Actually, kids 12 and under are priced accordingly: 4ft to 5 ft, half price; 3ft to 4ft, quarter price; under 3ft, no charge!  Of all the wonderful meals I have eaten--and there are a lot of them--this place is in my top 10 list!

Here are some pictures to prove my point:




One of several long buffet lines, each focusing on a different type of Japanese cooking


I cannot help myself, eating in the buffet line, demonstrating that I have no dignity at all.
C'mon, you would too!



Sushi!!!!!!!!!  






My first of several very full plates of food

The next plate!  Keep it coming baby!

Chow down time!


My third plate!



My fourth plate!


Did someone say dessert?



Happy Campers

Okay!  Stop eating already!


Time to go Home and Take a Nap

No comments:

Post a Comment